While avoiding all accidents would be impossible, here are a few tips to help:
- SLOW IT DOWN – Speed is a major contributing factor in many preventable accidents.
- Watch constantly! Make sure to watch all the way around your truck, not just around the front.
- Get a good quality road map. GPS devices are great, but they sometimes make mistakes. Make sure to compare your route to a road map so you do not end up in a tough spot.
- Don’t trust your spotter. They are there to help you, however you are still responsible for maneuvering your truck.
- Plan your delivery ahead of time. Confirm with your dispatcher if there is a certain gate you need to use, what building you need to unload at, or any special directions to help make the delivery go as smooth as possible.
SAFETY FIRST – SAFETY ALWAYS!