Drivers, please remember to practice “The Three Point Rule” when exiting or entering your truck. Failure to follow this rule is the biggest cause of falls from trucks.
Here are a few other tips you can follow to make sure you do not fall…
1. Keep steps and ladders clean and free of debris.
2. Don’t use the wheel hubs or tires as a step.
3. Don’t use the doorframe or door edge as a handle.
4. Exit and enter facing the cab.
5. Don’t climb out with full hands. See where you can reach from the ground.
6. Wear good slip resistant shoes.
7. Even after a long shift, take your time climbing down.
8. Never Jump!